Lower commissions, no ticket charges; no minimums; and no technology, software, platform, or reporting fees. Low financing rates, and higher loan values on portfolio margin accounts over $100K.
Most brokers trade against your orders or sell them to others to execute who will trade against them. The resulting poor execution probably costs you more than the commission you pay. IB SmartRoutingSM continuously searches and reroutes to the best available prices for stocks, options and combinations.
Barron's estimated a customer's monthly costs at each of the 18 brokers in this year's "Best Online Broker" ranking. Interactive Brokers was the best deal for both the occasional and frequent trader.
|Merrill Edge 2||$1,633|
|Average (18 brokers)||$2,122|
All costs assume customer has a minimum of $100,000 in assets with broker.
Our trading platforms have been designed with the professional trader in mind:
Our suite of Option Labs and advanced trading tools offer support to help you discover and implement optimal trading strategies. For example, our Probability Lab offers a practical way to think about options without the complicated mathematics, and the Option Strategy Lab lets you create simple and complex multi-leg option orders based on your own price and volatility forecast.
Trader Workstation (TWS) supports over 60 order types, from the most basic limit order to advanced trading to the most complex algorithmic trading, to help you execute a wide variety of trading strategies.
Real-time market-risk management and real-time monitoring provide a comprehensive measure of risk exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe and real-time data that gives you the edge you need to react quickly to the markets.
Our statements and reports include real-time trade confirmations, margin details, transaction cost analysis, sophisticated portfolio analysis, tax optimization and a variety of other supplemental reports.
From trade date to settlement date, our Securities Financing solutions provide depth of availability, transparent rates, global reach and automated lending and borrowing tools to professional traders.
Interactive Brokers Group (IBG LLC) equity capital exceeds $5 billion1. 16.6% of IBG LLC is owned by the publicly traded company, Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. and the remaining 83.4% is owned by our employees and affiliates.
Unlike other firms, where management owns a small share, we participate substantially in the downside just as much as in the upside which makes us run our business conservatively. We hold no material positions in OTC securities or derivatives. We hold no CDOs, MBS or CDS. The gross amount of our portfolio of debt securities, with the exception of US governments is less than 10% of our equity capital.
We offer an extensive program of free trader webinars. Watch, listen, and ask questions from your home or office computer as our webinar instructors clearly describe our technology, trading, and markets around the world. Our webinars are also recorded so if you can’t attend a live webinar, you can experience it on demand at your own convenience.
Take one of our courses to explore stocks, options, futures and Forex trading, or get up to speed quickly on Trader Workstation and TWS trading tools with one of our interactive tours.
Traders’ Insight is a key resource for market participants seeking timely commentary directly from industry professionals on the front lines of today's fast-moving markets.
Traders’ University gives you easy access to a variety of documentation, including all of our users’ guides, TWS Cheat Sheets, QuickStart guides, FAQs and more to help you learn how to use our platforms, tools and services.
Interactive Brokers Canada offers the following account types:
For information regarding your account, contact Interactive Brokers by clicking here.