Lower commissions, no ticket charges; no minimums; and no technology, software, platform, or reporting fees. Low financing rates, and higher loan values on portfolio margin accounts over $100K.
Most brokers trade against your orders or sell them to others to execute who will trade against them. The resulting poor execution probably costs you more than the commission you pay. IB SmartRoutingSM continuously searches and reroutes to the best available prices for stocks, options and combinations.
Barron's estimated a customer's monthly costs at each of the 18 brokers in this year's "Best Online Broker" ranking. Interactive Brokers was the best deal for both the occasional and frequent trader.
|Merrill Edge 2||$1,633|
|Average (18 brokers)||$2,122|
All costs assume customer has a minimum of $100,000 in assets with broker.
Access market data 24 hours a day and six days a week to stayconnected to all global markets.
Convert currencies at market determined rates as low as 1/10 of a basis point, or create a position collateralized by a non-native currency.
Fund your account in multiple currencies. Trade assets denominated in multiple currencies from a single account.
Our trading platforms have been designed with the professional trader in mind:
Our suite of Option Labs and advanced trading tools offer support to help you discover and implement optimal trading strategies. For example, our Probability Lab offers a practical way to think about options without the complicated mathematics, and the Option Strategy Lab lets you create simple and complex multi-leg option orders based on your own price and volatility forecast.
Trader Workstation (TWS) supports over 60 order types, from the most basic limit order to advanced trading to the most complex algorithmic trading, to help you execute a wide variety of trading strategies.
Real-time market-risk management and real-time monitoring provide a comprehensive measure of risk exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe and real-time data that gives you the edge you need to react quickly to the markets.
Our statements and reports include real-time trade confirmations, margin details, transaction cost analysis, sophisticated portfolio analysis, tax optimization and a variety of other supplemental reports.
From trade date to settlement date, our Securities Financing solutions provide depth of availability, transparent rates, global reach and automated lending and borrowing tools to professional traders.
Interactive Brokers Group (IBG LLC) equity capital exceeds $5 billion1. 17.8% of IBG LLC is owned by the publicly traded company, Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. and the remaining 82.2% is owned by our employees and affiliates.
Unlike other firms, where management owns a small share, we participate substantially in the downside just as much as in the upside which makes us run our business conservatively. We hold no material positions in OTC securities or derivatives. We hold no CDOs, MBS or CDS. The gross amount of our portfolio of debt securities, with the exception of US governments is less than 10% of our equity capital.
A master account linked to multiple client accounts.
Manage multiple accounts of varying types under a single login, including:
Individual, Joint, Trust, IRA, UGMA/UTMA, Corporation, Partnership, Limited Liability Corporation, and Unincorporated Legal Structures.
Client users can optionally directly fund, view statements and trade.
Automated allocations based on pre-trade defined criteria.
Accounts are accepted from citizens or residents of all countries except citizens or residents of those countries or regions that are on the sanction list of the US Office of Foreign Asset Controls or similar lists, or other countries determined to be higher risk. Click here for a list of available countries.